Sunday, January 16, 2011

new year, new interests... or rekindling some old ones?

I haven't shared anything lately because I haven't felt like it.... I've been trying to push skating more than I ever had before and it's been emotionally difficult. I feel like I'm either becoming more like my "true self" or just a different person altogether. Skating has started to take a different route too. It's becoming more intense than ever and I don't know what I want to do with this sudden emergence of energy. It's almost like I'm grounded... To tell you the truth, I don't really know.

I've fallen in love with The Smith's and coincidentally I began an extended hiatus from eating meat. Honestly they don't have anything to do with each other, just the harmony that fills... I also recently moved into the third floor of Lew's house, which is a full blown apartment. I'm grateful and also very alone. Even though you're surrounded by people all the time, it's so easy to become lonely and stop participating in social situations. I know because I often avoid circumstances where I have to talk to people, even if I like them. This all could be a part of the natural winter down fall of our emotions and personalities. Our emotions run hotter the more couped up we are from the outside world, thus slamming us into depression. It's especially hard when you are a skateboarder and you rely on this wonderful experience we know as skateboarding to bring you back up again. Well I think that'll be all for now, just had to get these things off my chest. I suppose no one really reads this anyway...

2 comments:

  1. im reading and always here for you, and you pretty much just read my mind

    ReplyDelete
  2. yer both a couple of whiny little bitches. get yer asses back to the school of hard nox.

    ...OR... "yeah, i feel ya both because I struggle mass with depression and seasonal dips"

    whatever one yer feelin.

    ReplyDelete