Friday, October 22, 2010

comes a time.....



There comes a time for a rant about skateboarding every now and then.....
I have grown bitter and fully disappointed with the current state of skateboarding displayed in skateboard magazines and websites as of late. Is there an artful and individualistic skateboard publication out there?? (That isn't full of drunk assholes and naked chicks) Don't get me wrong, I appreciate what the pros and ams are doing in terms of pushing the "sport".... but that's exactly it!! Skateboarding is not a sport and should not be labeled as such. All sorts of guys and girls out there are getting gnarly and pushing the limit of what can be done on a skateboard, but honestly I've grown so tired of watching people jump down stuff or try for hours to land an insanely hard tech trick on a ledge... I don't care that you're "better" than me because you can land a hard trick just please lighten up and enjoy what little time we have here, and be thankful that you're in the U.S. and can get away with riding your skateboard all day!! You lucky fools....

On the other hand, there are a ton of super unique, stylish, amazing skateboarders out there whom I admire in terms of the art. Unfortunately, the aren't being pushed by their sponsors and are not making enough money to even live off of. Let's face it, they aren't getting any sweet pro model shoes either. All I'm looking for here is a community that reflects the sole idea of why I started skateboarding in the first place, the opportunity to express myself, share ideas, be inspired, push myself (without being bullied) and have a shit-ton of fun on my board. Is that too much to ask for?? Your thoughts please??


No comments:

Post a Comment